Canon iP2870S Printer Issues With macOS Sierra
Canon iP2870S is a wired printer with High-resolution printing results. It has Printing Resolution 4800 (horizontal)*1 x 600 (vertical) dpi. This inkjet Canon model sometimes experiences issues when connected to the computer. Today, we’ll discuss issues and solutions of Canon iP2870S with macOS Sierra. It could be no printing or incorrect printing output with a missing portion or misplaced print.
The issue occurs with macOS Sierra when you use the printer driver for OS X EI Capitan. There are a few problems that you may encounter while printing or after giving commands in macOS Sierra;
- Filter Error during the printing process.
- Printing stops.
- Incorrect printing results.
Before trying solutions, you need to connect or reconnect and add the Canon printer iP2870S to your macOS Sierra. First, assure you’ve installed the correct and latest drivers for Canon iP2870S.
- GET CORRECT DRIVERS
Let’s see how you download and install the correct Canon iP2870S drivers for macOS Sierra.
Step 1. Visit the Canon support or canon.com/ijsetup.
Step 2. Select Set Up in the manufacturing site.
Step 3. Enter iP2870S in the model number box.
Step 4. Click Download.
Step 5. Double-click on the mac-ip2800-1_3-mcd.dmg file.
Step 6. Follow instructions on your screen to install the Canon iP2870S drivers.
- MAKE SURE CONNECTION IS PERFECT/RIGHT
During the installation of Canon iP2870S drivers, you’ll get the notification to connect the macOS Sierra and Canon printer model. Simply take the connecting wire that you receive or use USB, and connect its one side to the macOS Sierra system and Canon iP2870S model.
- SELECT SOME OPTIONS WHEN PRINTING
When you try printing with Canon iP2870S after the correct drivers’ installation and connecting to macOS Sierra, change the paper size and setting. Go through the below steps;
- Open the document you want to print and select File and Print. You can otherwise press Command-P.
- Ensure to choose the paper size.
- The Print Dialog opens. For it, pull down the PDF dropdown and choose “Open PDF in Preview” to see the document preview.
- The macOS preview app will show open. Here, click on File and select Save.
- The Format box appears. Click on TIFF. Then, 600 in Resolution pixels/inch box.
- Click on the Save option.
- Select the File tab at the top. Then, click on the Export… option in the dropdown.
- Again, select “TIFF” in the current Format box.
- Click on Alpha to deselect it and Save the setting.
- Now, click File and finally hit on Print tab to start printing with your iP2870S Printer.
Make sure your choose paper size Print Dialog same as the step 2. After that, save print settings in the driver. This time you won’t experience the issue while printing with Canon iP2870S in macOS Sierra.
If you think the issue is vast and unsolvable by you, take your Canon printer to the service center.