Fix the Canon Printer “Port in use, please wait” Error
If you have Canon Printer and are a Windows user, you may experience “Port in use, please wait” Error. It won’t matter how long the user waits, and it won’t proceed next. When you give print commands, you suddenly get the message – Port in use, please wait, then you should not wait. Also, the smartphone and wireless devices can still print wirelessly. However, the error message is an indication of something wrong between the Canon printer and the PC connections. But most users are still looking for an answer to resolve this error message.
How to resolve the “Port in use, please wait” Error?
Trying to print anything through your Canon printer on Windows PC may show you this Error due to something wrong in the port connection. Here are a few ways that may help you resolve the “Port in use, please wait for” Error.
Solution 1. Restart Your Devices
Restarting devices solved many issues quickly. You’ll require disconnecting all connection from your printer and turning it off. Simultaneously, turn off the pc, router, and others. Reconnect each device and restart. Again, try printing with Canon and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Solution 2. Reinstall Canon Printer Driver
Canon printer driver is the base of setting up printer model on Windows PC. If drivers get older, outdated, or corrupted, then reinstall it with the below guidelines;
- Use the Start menu to open All Programs.
- Select the Canon printer driver and click on Uninstall tab.
- Click ok to confirm that Canon confirmation message.
- Within a few minutes, you’ll see a complete uninstall message. Click OK.
- Go to the online manufacture canon site, i.e., canon.com/ijsetup.
- You can otherwise use the driver setup CD.
- Install the latest drivers, and you are ready to go.
- Check back the error clearance.
Solution 3. Choose a Correct Port
If the above solution still shows “Port in use, please wait for” Error, then it’s time to change the port. The selected incorrect port may show the Error; hence you’ve checked and selected another.
- Open Printers & Scanners list on your Windows PC.
- Find your Canon printer model and right-click on it.
- Select Printer Properties from the given menu.
- In the top bar, select Ports and find the ports list.
- Match the current connection and port type.
- If a USB connection is in use, select port USB or DOT 4.
- The port could have WSD, Network, and IP port types for network connection.
- Click OK to apply changes.
If the “Port in use, please wait” has not been resolved yet, run the printer troubleshooter in Windows once. For other help, contact a nearby Canon service center.