How do you fix Microsoft unlicensed product error
Unlicensed error or activation failed in Microsoft may appear during the product key activation process. In this case, you won’t be able to use any of the Office apps. To restore all features in Microsoft using key code, you have to perform a few steps.
If you redeem your product key at Microsoft365.com/setup or office.com/setup, then you won’t experience an unlicensed process when you install Office apps from the official site.
To resolve the activation failed or unlicensed error, follow the below steps;
Step 1 – Make sure you Sign In with the correct account details.
When you bought the product key from any platform, you should have used an account of Microsoft service. It’s the same account that you have to use for key activation. You might face such errors if you signed in to a different account not linked to your purchased services. Therefore, visit office.com and sign in to the correct account now.
You can otherwise go to account.microsoft.com/services webpage and see if your Microsoft product is listed here. If yes, then you have to use the same account for activation.
Step 2 – Install only one copy of Office, uninstall additional.
If you’ve installed several copies of Microsoft Office, most of the chances are that activation errors occur. In this case, uninstall the additional office copies to make it error-free. follow steps;
- Open control panel using Start Menu.
- Hover the mouse pointer to Programs and Features.
- Go to the Search Programs and Features box and search Office.
- You’ll see multiple versions in a list.
- Choose a version that you don’t use now and right-click on it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Now, restart your PC and launch an application of Microsoft Office.
- Click sign in and enter Microsoft account login details correctly.
- If apps are still not working, repair apps or try step 3.
Step 3 – See your Microsoft subscription status.
It simply means that your subscription should not be expired. The expired subscription stop working on Office apps; hence you need to renew it. To check the status;
- Close Microsoft Office apps if running in the background.
- Sign in to office.com with your account.
- Open Services & Subscription page from your account top tabs.
- Under the Subscriptions heading, you can see all details of your product.
- If the expired key is the activation error, then renew it.
If the issue is still not solved, install Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool. Also, you have to make sure that your system date, time is according to your location. One more point you’ve to remember is that sometimes updating Office resolves this issue where you need to see system firewall as well.