Canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 | Set Up Canon PIXMA MG2522 Printer | MG Series
PIXMA MG2522 all-in-one printer is the best choice for all home printing needs and small businesses as well. First, visit canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 to download drivers for your PIXMA model. Then, you’ll see the general steps and instructions on this page to set up your Canon MG2522 printer.
Canon PIXMA MG2522 Setup
- Visit canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522.
- Click “Set Up” to jump next.
- Enter “MG2522” on the shown box.
- Click the “download” tab.
- Win-mg2500-1_1-ucd.exe prompts, click Save File.
- Run the MG2522 installer.
- Connect a network to your PIXMA model.
- Finish the Canon PIXMA MG2522 Printer Setup
PIXMA MG2522 can easily –
MG2522 features document Printing, Photo Printing, My Image Garden, Red-Eye Correction, Quiet Mode, and Special Filters. It’s compatible with Windows, Mac, and smartphones. Therefore, follow the below guidelines to start the process via canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522.
Begin with MG2522 Hardware Unboxing
- First of all, take off all the outer packaging and protective tape.
- Take out the MG2522 printer.
- See whether all components are available, i.e., cable, CD, etc.
- Plug the power cable into a wall outlet and printer outlet.
- Turn on your Canon MG2522.
- Set the initial setup on the printer screen.
- Open input paper tray.
- Load image paper or regular white paper.
- Install ink cartridges and fill ink.
- Use Canon MG2522 setup CD to install drivers and get started.
How to download drivers and software for PIXMA MG2522?
PIXMA MG2522 offers Full Driver & software packages, XPS drivers, and MP drivers. You can download any of the drivers according to your requirement. Below general steps are mentioned to download the latest Canon printer drivers and software;
Step 1– At first, launch the browser with which your system is compatible.
Step 2– Go through canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 URL.
Optional: You can also visit ij.start.canon if the above link fails to open.
Step 3- Continue by clicking on “Set Up.”
Step 4- Type “MG2522” on the shown box as it’s your Canon printer model, click Go.
Step 5- Hover your mouse to the top right and select your operating system type, i.e., Windows.
Step 6- Hit on Download and Select Save, Save As, or Run to start the MG2522 drivers download.
Step 7- Double-click on the downloaded file to install the Canon MG2522 setup.
How do I connect my Canon MG2522 printer to WiFi?
Make sure you have a router (wired), and if your printer has the WiFi connect option, then Go through the below steps;
- Press the ON button and turn on the PIXMA MG2522.
- Press the WiFi button or select Wired LAN from LAN settings.
- Connect your Canon printer and router using an Ethernet cable
- Select your WiFi from the shown list and enter the password or Pin if required.
- Wait for Connected status on your PIXMA screen.
- Your MG2522 is connected to a network.
- You can now visit canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 and install the latest printer software.
Device Compatibility for Canon PIXMA MG2522 Printer-
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows 7 SP1 and Vista SP2
- Windows RT
- macOS Sierra 10.12
- macOS High Sierra v10.13
- macOS Mojave v10.14
- macOS Catalina v10.15
How do you Setup Canon MG2522?
For Windows and Mac devices, steps may vary, hence check the below steps once, then start installation;
Canon MG2522 setup for Windows –
- Download canon drivers from canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 for windows.
- Go to the folder where you saved the .exe file.
- Double click on Win-mg2500-1_1-ucd.exe to start the installation.
- Click Next.
- Check the software installation list, click Next.
- Read Canon printer software license terms and click Yes to accept it.
- Allow installation wizard process and wait for installation.
- A printer connection screen appears, so take the USB cable and connect its one side to PIXMA MG2522’s rear.
- Plug the other side of the USB cable to the PC or laptop USB port.
- The ij printer installation for windows is finished here. Test your document to print with MG2522.
Canon MG2522 setup for mac –
- Ensure your mac device is ready for MG2522 installation.
- Go to canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 and continue with the SETUP option.
- Select MG2522 and click Go.
- Select macOS from the top right OS list.
- Choose your macOS type and click download.
- Select SAVE FILE on Mac- mg2522-1_2_3-mcd.dmg prompt.
- Tap on Open or Always Allow.
- Go to downloads and double click to dmg file.
- Click Start Setup and enter your Mac admin password.
- Accept the PIXMA software license terms.
- Connect the USB cable to the printer and your laptop to build a connection.
- Follow on-screen mg2522 installation instructions and start print, scan or copy.
- Add your PIXMA mg2522 model to the Printer &scanners list.
How to copy, print and scan with PIXMA MG2522 printer?
Make sure you’ve installed appropriate drivers and software from canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 or ij.start.canon. Once you successfully set up your PIXMA MG2522.
How to COPY
- Ensure the input tray has enough paper.
- Put the document paper you want to copy.
- Press the “Copy” button.
- The copied document will come from the output tray.
How to PRINT
- Open documents folder on your PC or laptop
- Open the document you want to print.
- Find the Print option and click it or press Ctrl P.
- Select –
- Your printer name – mg2522
- Print quality – High, Standard, or Draft
- Copies number
- Page size
- Click Print on the bottom and wait for the document to print.
How to SCAN
- Put the paper inside the canon printer.
- Open settings.
- Click on Printers & Scanners.
- Select mg2522 series and tap Manage.
- Select scanner mg2522 series.
- Tap on Open Scanner.
- Select a document to scan.
- Click View and wait for the document to scan on your PIXMAmg2522.
What kind of USB cable do you need for your Canon PIXMA MG2522?
If you don’t get any cable to connect MG2522 to your PC or laptop, ensure you purchase a USB 2.0 A/B cable. The A-side is used in PC, laptop USB port and the B side into Canon printer’s rear. After installing Canon PIXMA drivers from canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522, you’ve to use a USB connection to finish the setup.
How to install Canon MG2522 on Windows 10?
PIXMA MG2522 is compatible with Windows 10, and so you can quickly get drivers and software with below guidelines;
- Step 1:Open a browser, i.e., Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- Step 2:Go to Canon’s official site, like canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522.
- Step 3: Click “Start Here” and use your MG2522 model name on the next page.
- Step 4:Download the printer installer for your Windows 10.
- Step 5: Open the setup you downloaded from canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 and start the installation.
- Step 6: Accept the printer software license terms showing on your Windows 10 installation screen.
- Step 7: Follow prompts until you see the printer connection window. At this moment, you have to connect your Windows 10 and PIXMA printer using the USB cable.
- Step 8:Go to “Start Menu” on your device and search “Printers & Scanners.”
- Step 9: Open Printers & Scanners and click on “Add a printer or scanner.”
- Step 10: Then, select your Canon PIXMA MG2522 or enter separately. The installation is finished on your Windows 10 device. Start your first document print with MG2522 now.
Canon PIXMA Mg2522 Mobile Printing –
- Download Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app from your mobile app store.
- Tap Install/Get to begin the installation.
- Register your mg2522 to this canon print app.
- Make sure your smartphone and printer are connected (via network or cable).
- Open the app and tap on Select Images or Photo Print.
- Choose an image to print with PIXMA mg2522.
- Customize printer to different functionalities.
- Tap Print and wait for your document’s Canon PIXMA mg2522 Mobile Printing results.
Instructions and guidelines you read on this site are related to the mg2522 printer model, which are safe to follow and assists users in setting up their new purchase. You can find the manual at canon.com/ijsetup/mg2522 or ij.start.canon to troubleshoot issues (if you experience any).