Canon.com/ijsetup : Getting Started With Canon Inkjet Printer
All-in-one Canon Inkjet printers are suitable for home, business, school, and others to improve productivity. Depending on your requirement, it offers a type printer including PIXMA, SELPHY, MAXIFY, etc. Some factors need to be in mind while choosing an inkjet printer for you. Later, you can easily set up your Canon printer through drivers from canon.com/ijsetup, wireless connection, USB, and a few components.
What can you do with Canon inkjet printers?
Print, scan, and copy are the three main features of inkjet models. But for supported printers, you can use duplex printing and fax when required.
Canon Inkjet printers are compatible with multiple devices, including Windows, Mac, Smartphones, Tablets, Linux (a few models), and Chromebook. Once you set up the Canon model, you can easily go for mobile printing, laptop printing, Chromebook printing, and more. To start the setup process, follow the guidelines shown here.
A Quick Guide to Canon Printer Setup
- Make sure your printer hardware is configured.
- On your PC browser, go to canon.com/ijsetup.
- Click Set Up.
- Using your Canon IJ printer model, the download printer software.
- Double click to install it.
- Connect a network to your printer and PC.
- Finish the Canon IJ printer setup.
How to purchase Canon ij printer from the online store
Canon printers are easily available in nearby stores, but you can order a model from the Canon store with the below steps;
- Visit Canon online shop store.
- Make sure you have fixed the model on your mind.
- Select “Printers & All-in Ones” in featured categories.
- You can otherwise enter the product name in the search field.
- Choose a product and click Add to Cart.
- Click Start Checkout.
- Select a Shipping and Payment Method.
- Confirm your billing & shipping information.
- Click “Place Order” to finish your Canon printer model order.
First-Time Hardware Setup For Your Canon Model
Every Canon printer setup process differs depending on the series and model name. Here are common guidelines;
- Remove the box packaging.
- Take out the canon printer and remove tapes, extra packaging material.
- Locate the printer to a smooth surface near your PC or Laptop.
- You’ll receive a few extra components, a Power cord, CD, Manuals, and FINE Cartridges.
- Use a power cord and connect the Canon inkjet device to power.
- Turn it on with the power button.
- Open Paper Output Tray and the Paper Output Cover.
- Carefully locate and install the ink cartridge.
- Slide right Paper Guide and insert papers.
How to Setup Canon Printer Wirelessly
Two main points are important in setting up Canon models and one is – Canon printer driver downloads, and the other is hardware setup. You can swap both first and last. We’ll install the software first, then hardware setup.
- Step 1 – Prepare Your Canon Printer
Ensure you already have set up your canon printer hardware with a power connection. Next, configure the hardware screen and prepare your printer.
- Step 2 – Go to Canon.com/ijsetup Webpage
Open a web browser on your PC or laptop, enter canon.com/ijsetup URL on the web search address tab, and click “Set Up (Start Here)” to jump next.
- Step 3 – Enter Your Canon Printer Model
See your printer’s front or top to find the model name, then enter it on the canon.com/ijsetup site when the model name box appears. You also can scroll down the page and select your Canon printer.
- Step 4 – Click Download To Start Software Download
You are on the Download page, hence check or select the current OS from the right top. Then, click on the “Download” tab and select an option like Save, Save As prompts.
- Step 5 – Tap WiFi or Select “Wireless LAN” on Your Printer
This step is dependable on your Printer type. If the printer has a direct button, then Press “Direct,” otherwise, press the “WiFi” or WPS button or select “Wireless LAN” from the display.
- Step 6 – Press the WPS button on Your Wireless Router
Make sure your router is turned on, then push the WPS button. The lights will blink to connect the WiFi/wireless network with your inkjet printer.
- Step 7 – WiFi Is Connected To Your Printer
If you see stable WiFi lights on your printer or a “Connected” status, the canon model is connected to WiFi or a wireless network.
- Step 8 – Run The Installer File On Your PC, Laptop
Now, find the file location that you downloaded from canon.com/ijsetup and double-click to start the installation on your PC. Make sure you accept software license terms.
- Step 9 – Select Installation Connection Method
The installation screen shows a few connection methods, hence you have to select WPS or wireless connection method option and follow on-screen instructions.
- Step 10 – Finish the Canon Printer Wireless Setup
If the printer list appears, select your Printer model name and add it to your system. You can otherwise add the printer manually from the start menu. You are done with Canon Inkjet Wireless Printer Setup.
Why Canon Inkjet Printers?
Canon inkjet printers are widely used the allover globe. It’s the combination of ink, print text, images, and graphics print output. These models are easy to use and offer outstanding creative printing solutions. You can purchase Ij printers at an affordable price fulfilling your requirement. The print output is available in multiple colors (depending on the ink you use).
How to set up Canon IJ Printer using USB
Step 1 – Make sure you have prepared the PC or laptop.
Step 2 – Quit all the running background apps on your operating system.
Step 3 – Download Canon IJ setup from canon.com/ijsetup or insert setup CD.
Step 4 – Double-click on the Canon icon and click on Start Setup.
Step 5 – Select your region and accept the license agreement.
Step 6 – Check on the “Deactivate the block” box.
Step 7 – Select “USB connection” and driver installs.
Step 8 – Connect the USB cable to the PC USB port and IJ printer’s rear once promoted.
Step 9 – You can either finish the USB setup installation here or continue with additional drivers installation.
Canon IJ Printer Installation Guide
We’ll discuss here every basic step that you need to take for Canon printer installation.
Install Canon IJ Setup On Windows OS
Depending on your printer model, make sure your device fulfills system requirements, then start the process;
- Step 1 – Start Wireless Setup If You Have Wireless Printer
Press the WiFi button or tap WiFi Setup from the display and select Other Setup. Then, select WPS (PIN code), and with the wireless connection information, you’ll get the WPS PIN code and connect to the router network
- Step 2 – Open Https://canon.com/ijsetup Link And Provide Model Name.
Open a browser on your Windows PC and visit the canon.com/ijsetup site. Click “Set Up” and type your Canon printer model to continue.
Select the “Windows OS” from the upper right corner. Then, click “Download” and wait for the software to download completely.
- Step 4 – Run The File And Click Start Setup
Double-click on the .exe installer you downloaded from canon.com/ijsetup, then click “Start Setup” and choose your country and region.
- Step 5 – Accept Software License Agreement
The license agreement screen appears, so click “Yes” to accept all terms. You can also join the extended survey program and check on the “Deactivate the block” box.
- Step 6 – Select Wireless LAN Connection Method
Two option appears, hence select one. Finally, tick on the “Wireless LAN Connection” to continue with the wireless setup.
- Step 7 – Establish A Connection And Select Printer
If your canon model isn’t connected to the network yet, then find your network and enter the WPS PIN to connect it. Then, a nearby printer list will appear on the Printer Detection screen, therefore select your model.
- Step 8 – Finish Canon Printer Drivers Installation
Click Next and wait for a few minutes to install drivers and software. Once installation is done, you can exit the process or continue.
- Step 9 – Install Additional drivers, if required
If you want to install additional software, continue with the installation screen’s remaining prompts and finish with the “Exit” button.
Install Canon IJ Printer on Mac PC, laptop
Most recent versions of mac are supportive in inkjet model installation, though steps may vary for some.
- Step 1 – Connect Your Printer To Router Network
If you have a wired router, connect Ethernet cable to printer and router, then select “Activate Wired LAN.” Otherwise, tap the WiFi button on the printer, select Wireless LAN and press the WPS button on the router to connect network.
- Step 2 – Visit Canon.com/ijsetup to Get Printer Software For Mac
Go to canon official site canon.com/ijsetup and hit on the “Set Up” tab, then enter or select your inkjet model and press Enter.
- Step 3 – Select Your OS And Click Download
Select macOS from the given OS list on the top right, then hit on the “Download” tab from the displayed page. Depending on your network connection speed, the software takes time to download.
- Step 4 – Start The Installation By Double-Clicking Dmg File
Go to Finder and double-tap on the printer setup icon, and click Open.
- Step 5 – Provide Mac Username & Password To Start Setup
Enter the mac admin name and password and click the “Install Helper” tab. Then select “Start Setup” on the next installation page and wait for the latest updates to check.
- Step 6 – Select Your Country And Accept Agreement
Choose your region and country, then read the terms of the license agreement and accept by clicking on Yes.
- Step 7 – Check Connection Method or Select One
As you’ve connected your Canon printer to the network, click YES. If the connection failed previously, select “Wireless LAN connection” and tick on “Set up network connection” later.
- Step 8 – Add Your Canon Printer To Mac Device
The software installs and reconnects to your network, then click Allow. Next, tap “Add Printer,” select your printer and click Add.
- Step 9 – Click Exit To End The Process On Mac
If you want to install additional drivers, click Next, follow the remaining prompts, and hit the Exit tab to finish the setup.
Canon Inkjet Printers FAQs
Where do I download canon printer software?
Go to https://canon.com/ijsetup and install the most updated drivers and software, or you can use CD-ROM.
Can I install my Canon IJ printer without the CD?
You don’t always need a setup CD for Canon inkjet printer installation. Instead, you can simply visit the Canon manufacture website and download the required drivers and software.
Which is latest inkjet printer from Canon?
Canon PIXMA TS3520 Wireless All-in-One Printer and Canon PIXMA G620 MegaTank Photo Printer are the two latest models. You can find more on Canon online store.
Are canon drivers safe?
Installing Canon printer drivers and software from canon.com/ijsetup or ij.start.canon are totally safe and secure and help you in activating printing features.
How do I make my Canon Inkjet printer secure?
Enable the “Secure Print” feature and create a PIN that requires you to enter every time you print from Canon.
Canon IJ printer CD Setup Installation
Canon printers are always shipped with setup CD for windows and mac both. Here’s how you can use the installation CD.
Setup CD Installation On Windows
- Ensure your connection type – Wireless or USB, and perform network settings accordingly.
- Prepare for Wireless setup or Easy Setup.
- Insert the Canon ij setup CD into PC or laptop.
- Autoplay screen appears and double-click on Msetup4.exe.
- Click Yes on User Account Control prompt.
- Follow the next instructions accordingly.
- Click Complete and go
- Test Print window appears, click Exit and remove the CD.
Install Canon Printer setup CD on Mac
- Connect your Ij printer and PC to the same network using the router (WPS method or other).
- Insert the setup CD into mac device.
- Double-click on the “CANON IJ” icon, then the “Setup” icon, respectively.
- Provide the administrator user name and the password when asked.
- Select “Easy Install.”
- Click “Install” and accept the License Agreement.
- Installation starts, wait for a few minutes.
- The CD ROM setup for mac is finished.
Printing With Canon Inkjet Printer
Step 1 – Install appropriate drivers and software on your device.
Step 2 – Turn on your printer and load papers on the input tray.
Step 3 – Open the document you want to print.
Step 4 – Click Print or press CTRL P.
Step 5 – Customize the paper print setting (if needed) from printer properties.
Step 6 – Hit on the Print tab to get relevant output.
If you wish to use the mobile printing feature with your Canon model, then download the Canon PRINT Inkjet app from the app store and install it on your mobile phone. This app is designed specifically for smartphone wireless printing. Additionally, if you experience any issue with your inkjet printer, you can contact Canon support or find troubleshooting instructions on the official site canon.com/ijsetup or ij.start.canon.